Sunday, January 24, 2010

Navigation

Early this morning the fog was so thick I could only see a short distance past my nose. You may be surprised to learn that I didn't mind. It's kind of a metaphor for how I live my life. I'm used to living in the present and don't think too far ahead, because I've learned that circumstances can change as often as the weather. It took four tries before I found my current home, and my instincts tell me that it will be the last.

Jenny wears glasses so that she can see well past her nose, but I don't think they work in fog so I doubt she sees much past her nose either. I'm not sure whether she lives moment to moment like I do, or thinks ahead by days or even seasons using a kind of mental map. I suspect she thinks ahead in an attempt to control or quickly respond to events that arise. I'd like to tell her how futile such attempts are. If I could I'd tell her to trust her instincts as I trust mine for they have never failed me.

Regardless of how differently we live and think I enjoy navigating the fog of life with her.

With love & cuddles,
Lottie


Lesson# 35 Navigation requires instinct and foresight.

No comments:

Post a Comment