Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grass

Lately I've noticed that many people are obsessed with grass! It seems kind of silly to me. They spend so much time and energy trimming, spraying, weeding, and watering it so it will grow healthy and beautiful, yet they don't even eat it! Why would they treat it like a vegetable and not eat it? Are they worried that I peed on it? Or worse?

To be honest they don't know what they're missing. Sometimes when Jenny and I go for a walk I like to stop and snack on some grass, but she only lets me eat the really long stuff in the park (I think she worries about chemicals). I've even seen cats in my neighbourhood eat grass and they're fussy. Of course they do like catnip....

Not only do people not eat it, but they don't like to smell it or roll in it either (although I have heard that if they drink too much or go camping they will sleep on it). They also don't like it when you get it stuck on your fur and bring it into the house with you. So why do they put so much effort into something they don't eat, smell, or roll in?

I don't know...and I can't hope to understand.

With love & cuddles,
Lottie



PS. Lesson #8 Spend more time and energy on your dog than your lawn, the rewards are greater

1 comment:

  1. Pondering the mysteries of human behaviour will take a lifetime Lottie!

    ReplyDelete