Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lacey

I had a visitor for 4 days this week. Her name is Lacey and she's a dog like me but much older. Jenny told me that she's 14 years old! I think that's why her eyes are getting a little cloudy looking. She is a mutt like me and is probably a mix of Corgi and Terrier. She is medium sized with red and white fur, and has long legs (unlike me).

Her owners dropped her off at my house (Jenny says it's our house) but I don't know why. We've shared time together before so I didn't mind too much, although I did have to watch her carefully just in case she got any crazy ideas. I didn't want her eating my food, or stealing my bed, or my favourite spot on the couch, but I was most concerned that she didn't get too much attention, afterall, this is my house. I haven't told my parents but they have a weekly cuddle quota to meet and I intend on helping them any way I can.

I will admit that Lacey was a good house guest. She didn't touch any of my things or put up a fight when I reminded her that she was on my turf.

I did find two things strange though. First, I learned that she doesn't care about bunnies! We were out walking and there were several hanging around the area, and she didn't care at all. Shocking! How she can resist the thrill of the chase is beyond me. I wonder if I'll still be chasing bunnies when I'm 14? I sure hope so. Secondly, she likes to eat these yucky things called "carrots". She got so excited when Jenny offered her some she wolfed them down, so of course I got pretty excited when they were offered to me. I was horrified to learn that they were disgusting! How she can get so excited about carrots and not bunnies is unfathomable! What a funny girl!

With love & cuddles,
Lottie



PS. Lesson#6 Accept a visitor into your home and you will learn a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment