Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time

Since I take my owners out for walks so often, I've noticed that the weather has been getting warmer. I realize that I've lived at my current home for four full seasons. I've endured rain, thunderstorms (which scare me terribly), heat, cool breezes, snowfalls, cold, snowstorms and more. Through it all I enjoy the good (munching on fresh grass, listening to the birds) with the bad (thunderstorms, freezing my paws off).

The changing seasons have helped me to measure "time". That is a word I hear a lot at home. "Lottie it's time to go out, Lottie it's time for supper, Lottie it's time to brush your teeth, Lottie it's time for bed"...It's always time to do something, to go somehere, or simply to watch the seasons change. I think time can be very exciting! At the very least it tells me what I'm supposed to be doing.

Time can go by too fast (belly-rubs that never last long enough) or too slow (when I'm getting my teeth brushed).

I think my owners like to measure time too. I hear them say things like "it's time to cut the grass, it's time to take the garbage out, or it's time to put up the Christmas tree."

Although time can be: seasonal, lengthy, minute, fun, awful, ritualistic, structured, and interesting, it is best spent with those you love.

With love & cuddles,
Lottie



PS. Lesson #5 Time spent with those you love, is time well spent.

1 comment: