Saturday, July 11, 2009

Noise

This may come as a surprise to some of you but I hate noise!! It's true. If people talk too loudly or for too long I bark at them, and when Daddy has his music too loud I leave the room. I particularly dislike the vacuum! To tell you the truth it scares me. There-- I'm dog enough to admit it. I just don't understand what it does or why it has to be so loud. At least my parents warn me before they start it up. They know it takes time to find a good hiding spot (I usually hide under the bed but don't tell the vacuum).

But the worst, noisiest thing that struck without warning happened three mornings ago.

It was a dreadful day! Jenny and I went out for our morning walk and I noticed that it was darker than usual. We had hardly begun our walk when it rained on us. Jenny and I got drenched but she was kind not to rush me (I don't really mind getting wet as long as I get dried off really well afterwards). After a short while I noticed that something in the air did not smell right. I just had a bad feeling so I turned around and headed for home. Jenny tried to convince me to do my "doggie business" but I just couldn't, not when I knew something awfully noisy was approaching.

We made it home but things got worse after Daddy and Jenny left the house. The wind picked up speed and the rain came down even harder than before, then...BOOM! It thundered. I hid under the bed but the noise continued off and on throughout the day. I had no choice but to stay hidden and wait for my parents to get home. I waited for an eternity. I was thirsty, hungry, lonely and wanted to relieve myself but I was a very good girl and held it. When Jenny finally came home she tried to take me out but I just wasn't ready yet. I couldn't stop shaking so she took me downstairs where it was nice and quiet and we waited there until the outside world calmed down.

A little later we ventured out and I was so thirsty I drank water from the puddles until Jenny stopped me. It all makes me appreciate the calm quiet home I have. What if I was chained outside like some dogs are? Or lost and aimlessly wandering the streets? I think I would have died from fright!

With love & cuddles,

Lottie



PS. Lesson#11 Noise can be annoying, a little scary, or terrifying but it always makes you appreciate the calm that follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment