Sunday, July 26, 2009

Curiosity

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am one curious dog. In fact my curiosity knows no limits. I'm interested in almost everything.

To the untrained eye I may look like I'm just another dog out for a walk with her parents, but in reality I'm like a secret agent checking for anything that is out of place or unusual in the neighbourhood. If I see something untoward I'll bark to notify my parents immediately. I know they appreciate this. Maybe my willingness to protect them makes me more of a superhero than a secret agent?

Anyway, I want to know all kinds of things. Which house does that person live in? What was that noise? Where is that family going? Will they take their dog with them? What are they doing? Who are they talking to? How do they treat their animal companions? Where is that squirrel hiding his nuts? Why are the little squirrels mean to the big ones with the bushy tails? Does that squirrel want me to chase him? Why is he so angry at me? What are the crows saying? Why are they looking at me like that? Are they plotting against me? Where are the bunnies hiding? What was that tiny movement in the grass? How can a grasshopper jump so high? Why do I only see butterflies in the warm season? Why do people plant flowers in their yard? Why don't people like to eat grass? Why haven't I seen the three legged cat lately? Why aren't there more cats in the neighbourhood? Are they all indoors? Where does the really tall man live? Why are those people jogging? Why is that dog looking at me like I'm crazy? Do other dogs wonder about things as much as I do? Why does it have to thunder? Why aren't my parents scared of thunder? Why does Jenny have to go to work? What's work mean?

As you can see there is so much for me to think about. Am I curious or nosy? What is the difference? Why do my parents tell me that taking me out for a walk is like walking a peeping Tom? What do they mean by this? Are they trying to tell me I'm a like a Tom cat?

I must go for a nap now, all this thinking has made me sleepy. So sleepy....

With love & cuddles,
Lottie



PS. Lesson #13 Curiosity takes you on a limitless path with twists and turns of thought. Don't forget to stop and rest for it is a long road....

No comments:

Post a Comment