Sunday, July 19, 2009

A place of your own

It has occurred to me that it is not enough to live in a home with people you love. To be a truly happy and fulfilled dog you must heed the advice of a wise dog named Virginia Woof. She lived with a famously lovely but depressed human of the same name.

Ms. Woof barked that you must have a place of your own. A place within the home where you can eat a bone without interruptions, rest your weary head and escape from storms and other scary things.

I'd like to be the first dog with a blog to admit that I agree with her wholeheartedly. As a dog who lives with people I have a huge responsibility. I have to guard the house at all times (which can involve thorough investigations at all hours) and provide optimal care for my parents. I need to walk them on a regular basis and make sure they are happy and stress free. How can I do this if I don't have a place to call my own? For some dogs this place might be a small house in the back yard while for others it may be a spare bedroom. My place of sanctuary is on a cozy blue mat in the coolest room of the house (which is great in summer). It is a place where I can rest, contemplate and relax. In fact, I don't know how I would get along without it.

I think my parents would agree with Ms. Woof's advice. I notice that they too have quiet spots to read or draw. Why doesn't everyone?

With love & cuddles,
Lottie


PS. Lesson# 12. To be truly happy you must have a place of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment