Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fear

What a terrible week! I spent most of it shivering under the bed. As you may recall I'm terrified of thunder and lightning and there has been a lot of it lately. I don't mind the rain but no amount of reassurances can get me to go outside in such awful weather... but sometimes thunder is sneaky.

A few days ago an unsuspecting Jenny and I went out for a walk. It was perfectly nice until we hit a downpour on the last block. As we ran towards home we heard a loud crack of thunder and witnessed a blaze of lightning light up the dark sky. I could hardly contain my fear. I ran as fast as I could. When we reached the backyard I frantically dug into the earth to create a hole to hide in when I heard Jenny open the door. We ran inside.

After cleaning my paws she got out the hair dryer and dried my fur. She told me I looked like a puff ball! When she was finished I fled for the darkness and comfort of the bedroom. After spending much time under the bed my parents called me to watch a movie with them. I love movies! Watching movies means lots of belly rubs, neck scratches and attention! I hope it keeps raining so we can watch more movies (as long as it doesn't thunder). Stay dry!

With love & cuddles,
Lottie


Lesson#16 Fear like bad weather is temporary so be patient and good times will surely follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment