Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gifts

People are so lucky! They walk around tall and upright opening doors and driving cars, all because they are bipedal and have opposable thumbs. Such gifts! I can hardly imagine the freedom! I have to whine if I want a door opened and I don't get nearly enough car rides.

If I had the human powers of bipedal locomotion and opposable thumbs, the first thing I would do is take the car out for a drive. I'd roll down the window and stick my head out till I felt my tongue flap around in the breeze (oh wait I'm thinking like a dog) nevermind. I momentarily forgot that if I had human features I wouldn't do that. Anyway, I would borrow some money from Jenny, drive myself to the store, buy a chicken and a steak, cook it and eat it all by myself. And I wouldn't share it with my parents because they never share their food with me. Well, almost never. Jenny gives me peanut butter when she wants me to swallow a pill (she thinks I don't know but I really do)... I would also leave the house whenever I felt like chasing bunnies or barking at squirrels (oh wait I'm thinking like a dog again) nevermind...

Such freedom would be grand, but I think I would miss some things like naps. People are very busy and rarely get enough sleep let alone mid-morning naps, afternoon naps, and evening naps. What a shame. I would also miss chasing bunnies. Actually if I had to do without that I would pine for it. I never see people chasing after anything except the odd toddler that makes a break for it. I would also miss my superior sniffing ability. When I'm outside I can pick up a wide variety of scents in seconds. I'm kind of like a four legged sommelier that way. I don't think people hear very well either, so I would definitely want to keep my own ears (although thunder might not sound as scary if I had people ears).

Although I would like to experience the same freedoms that humans have I would not want to do without the gifts that all canines possess.

With love & cuddles,
Lottie



Lesson#17 Appreciate all the gifts you have been given for if they are taken away you will miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment