Sunday, August 30, 2009

Personal hygiene


I've noticed that people spend a lot more time than dogs on personal hygiene. They shower, spray themselves with smelly perfumes, and alter their appearance with powders, paints, shaves and hair cuts. It all seems kind of pointless to me. Why do they do it?

Do they not like their own smell? Or is it that they don't want others to smell them? I happen to like my own smell and I don't care who knows it. I also don't like getting wet so showers and baths are out of the question, however I will confess that I hate getting sand or stones stuck between my claws and I do feel better after Jenny has cleaned me up.

Do they not like how they look? Or are they trying to disguise themselves? I think I'm pretty cute, at least that's what my parents tell me. Sometimes I think it might be cool to disguise myself as a bigger dog but even if all my fur stood straight up or if it was painted a different colour I wouldn't look any more intimidating, just fluffier. If I need to look scarier I just bark loudly and show my teeth. This almost always works.

Recently my parents have added two new tools to my personal hygiene regimen : beef flavoured toothpaste and a Batman toothbrush. Actually they've been brushing my teeth for a long time already but I usually have to endure peanut flavoured paste and an adult sized toothbrush. I just don't understand why they can't give me real peanut butter or beef strips? Wouldn't that be easier?

While I don't understand this I do know that they are very concerned about my teeth. They tell me they are helping me keep my teeth because they love me. I know I'm pretty lucky. I just hope all this tooth brushing works because I need my teeth!! How could I eat without them?

With love & cuddles,
Lottie



Lesson#18 Don't forget to brush your teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment