Saturday, September 5, 2009

Buster

I have a new neighbour. He is a little white terrier that recently moved down the street with his family. Jenny and I met him a few days ago. We had just left the house for a sunny afternoon walk when this dog came running across the lawn towards us. I barked as soon as I saw him and didn't stop until his owner called him back and Jenny dragged me away. His name is "Buster".

I could tell by the tone of her voice that Jenny was angry with me for barking, but I don't understand why it bothers her so much. It's not like she was trying to sleep or something, and I had no intention of attacking the dog. I barked to let him know that I wanted him to keep moving along. I wasn't in the mood to meet him and I didn't appreciate the disruption.

The truth is I was also a little put off that Buster wasn't wearing a leash like me. Why should he be so lucky? Don't get me wrong I love taking Jenny for walks but sometimes I would like to go exploring by myself. So why can't I? Does she think I will get lost? I certainly know the neighbourhood better than Buster. I don't mean to sound resentful, but I just don't understand.

I wish I didn't mind wearing a harness, things would certainly be easier for me. I've tried to let my parents know that I don't want to wear it by turning my back to them when they attempt to put it on me, but so far it hasn't worked. They either put it on me anyway, or suggest that maybe I don't want to go for a walk and turn away. When they do this I have to quickly put my head through it and try to help as I'd hate to miss out on a walk! How do I resolve this?

Maybe I could destroy it? I don't know how I would do this though since it looks pretty sturdy. Perhaps I could hide it? Of course I'd have to find a spot where they'd never find it. Maybe if I keep thinking a flash of brilliance will come to me? Until then...I'll wish you all well. Happy walking!

With love & cuddles,
Lottie


Lesson #19 A leashed walk is better than no walk, but not as good as an unleashed walk.

1 comment:

  1. I totally relate! Leashes are evil! Let me know if you figure out a way to destroy them!

    ReplyDelete