Sunday, November 22, 2009

Opportunities

I ran so fast this morning my feet almost lifted off the ground! Jenny and I had barely begun our morning walk when we saw something amazing just metres down the street. Without any hesitation on our parts we bolted towards dozens of unsuspecting Canada Geese. Up they flew startled and angry, frantically filling the sky with their massive bodies. We kept running up and along the grassy burm for many metres until we stopped abruptly to watch and listen. The huge group of birds divided themselves in half. One group went westward up over the highway, while the other flew eastward towards the river. We stood there captivated until their honking faded away. I reverberated with excitement and found it increasingly hard to contain myself. Eager to hold onto this feeling I replayed the moment in my mind as we continued our walk together. What luck! It was a feathery opportunity that just doesn't present itself everyday.

Much to my pleasure an opportunity of a different kind quickly became visible. I slowly leaned over, wiped my neck into the grass then threw myself onto the ground. As I lay on my back I shook from side to side in a motion Jenny likes to call my "wiggle worm". At home she finds this amusing but at this moment she shouted "Lottie stop! That's goose poop! Yuck! Dirty." She gave my leash one quick yank then I was up and moving along beside her while she continued to say "Yuck! Dirty". After announcing it was time to go home I foresaw the haircut and shampoo which would undoubtedly follow, but it didn't matter. Before we made it home I decided that it was worth it.

With love & cuddles,
Lottie



Lesson# 30 Seize all opportunities big or small without regret!

No comments:

Post a Comment