Sunday, November 1, 2009

The monster and the strangers

I'd like to report that the lump I recently had removed was a histiocytoma! Although this sounds bad, it isn't. My parents told me that it is a another way of saying benign tumor, which means I can continue being my cute self for many years to come.

This past week seemed rather ordinary until last night. It all started when Jenny and I returned from our walk. We came up the driveway and as I got closer to the window I saw a monster! It had an orange face that glowed with a smug kind of evil that seemed vaguely familiar. Had we met before? I didn't know what to do so I ran up to it and barked. It didn't do anything but stare. It did this so well that I didn't see it blink once! Jenny told me not to worry then we went inside.

I decided to visit Dad. After a few minutes I stopped thinking about the glowing face and fell asleep. The next thing I remember was being woken up by people at the door shouting "Trick or Treat!" I wanted to run and see who it was but Dad said I had to stay with him. No amount of whining changed my parents minds. Why wouldn't they let me see who it was? I could have told the strangers to go away. Wouldn't they have appreciated this? The people couldn't have been friends or family because none of them stayed. Who were these strange people?

After a long time Jenny opened up the door and I ran into the living room. The strange face was still there but now it was on the floor, and it wasn't glowing. Was it dead? Did it jump off the windowsill and die? I ran over to the mysterious entity and smelled it. It had a warm, chemical kind of plastic smell. Next I noticed it had a very long tail with two sharp points on it. I've never met anyone with a tail like that. Once I determined it posed no threat to my family I turned my back on it and walked away.

This morning when I entered the living room I noticed that it was gone. Was it all a dream? Or did it trick me into believing it was dead so it could get away? Why are there so many questions and so few answers?

With love & cuddles,
Lottie



Lesson# 27 Strange things sometimes occur without warning or explanation.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lottie, you are very cute and wise too! We will be reading up on all your lessons.

    Momma says we need to learn a few lessons (not sure what she means by that!)

    Glad the lump is nothing serious!

    Woofs from some other Canadian dogs: Casper, Buddy, Nikki and foster dog Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Casper. It's always nice to hear from fellow dog bloggers. I think you're pretty cute too! You're lucky to have so many dog friends. Till we bark again...

    with love & cuddles,
    Lottie

    ReplyDelete